Sunday, 11 October 2015

Mini layout: make your own magic

    Today I'll be sharing page #7 of my mini art journal..

I always love figure sketching but am never good with proportions.. Now that's not a very good combination, is it? :D
I managed to capture very few pics during the whole process.. A step by step tute without pictures can be quite boring with a mixed media work.. So i'll just stick on to some basic facts..

I made a rough sketch & transferred to cardstock using carbon paper.. I fussy cut the different parts & used it as template to paper piece the whole image..
I colored the hair with distress inks (wild honey, tea dye, vintage photo)
The yellow & red bands colored with Staedtler fine tip markers..
I love the dimension achieved by all the layering.. I couldn't quite capture it.!

The whole bg sort of darkened up when i applied gel medium (camlin) over it.. I still dunno if that's the reason.. Well anyway let's consider this is Potions class happening in the dungeons :D (thanx malar for the idea ;))
The quote was written using uniball signo silver gel pen to add that touch of sparkle & shine..

I did manage to capture a pic during the initial stages. I did some editing & digital drawing over the photograph using picsart android app.. Wish i hadn't got too carried away with the bg later on.. So here i present version 2.0, Hagrid's Hut ;)

& yeah there's an interesting story behind the texture of the cauldron.. It was purely accidental :D i colored the fussy cut cauldron with black acrylic paint, applied folkart cracle medium & then top coated with metallic acrylic paint.. Being an impatient crafter, i went on to use my heat gun to speed up the process.. & guess what? it just bubbled up... In any other project it may have been a disaster.. But it suited just perfect for my little cauldron :D

I hope you liked this project with all the twists & turns.. Do lemme kno ur thoughts on this.. I'll be glad to know them.. Thanks for your time..
Create. Have fun.

Linking this to,

Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Altered cover: create play

    Here's an altered art work of mine.. It's time to revamp my 10" tab3's plain old cover :)

Well only half way through i realized i've been working upside down :D shouldn't be a big prob :) I dint get to take many pics of the process.. I'll try to explain the process in short..

Firstly i coated the Cover with prima heavy gesso twice & let dry..
Applied Ranger texture paste through stencils (THE CRAFTER'S WORKSHOP: Art is, Gears, mini tile texture,Tim Holtz measured) in the composition i wanted.. For the quote words i used memory box alpha stencil & Tim Holtz 'Cargo' Letter by letter..

After it has completely dried i applied mists (am using them for first time & was quite reluctant :D)  i used DYLUSIONS vibrant turquoise,heidi swapp bronzer, accents peppermint & pumpkin, DIY mist made with Camlin burnt sienna drawing ink..

Added inca gold (old gold, aquamarine blue) over the relief areas.. Did some random script stamping with black Archival ink & also to color the edges.. Added gel medium to seal everything.. I felt the shine dull a bit.. So i added gold acrylic paint with a dry brush..

I cut out a 2 1/4" circle from pattern paper & inked up with peacock feathers & vintage photo DI & some inca gold to bring everything together..
The butterfly is a metal charm.. I didn't have the appropriate size key charm..
So using a key stamp image as reference i used 3D glitter to draw on acetate sheet, cut out & colored in the same scheme..

Gave a final coat of gel medium to seal everything & it's done.

Hope you liked it.. Do lemme kno ur comments. They mean a lot to me.
Create. Have fun.

Linking this to,
Goes with the words black & orange...

Cas card: dream catcher

     Am back with a CAS card today.!

I created the watercolor background with Distress inks (tea dye, worn lipstick, peacock feathers, salty ocean, dusty concord) dried completely with heat tool..

Aww now comes my favorite part.. DOODLING.. i used Brustro fine liner pens (0.3, 0.05) to sketch the dream catcher image.. I totally love how it turned out to be..

I stamped the sentiment with black soot distress ink & heat embossed with Ranger clear embossing powder..

Finally added some dots with Ranget black enamel accents & covered the beads with glossy accents..

This card will definitely be one of my personal favourites :)Hope you liked it.
Do lemme kno ur comments. They mean a lot.. Thanks for your time.
Create. Have fun.

Linking this to,