Am so excited to share this post :) This is a project I was planning to do for months & finally got the time & patience to complete it just now. Yay here it is.!
This is the front panel of a "Create your own keepsake book" from Paper accents. It is a spiral bound 25 pages notebook with plain chipboard cover on the front & back. The paper is quite thick & sturdy, dimensions being 4.5"×6.5". Am planning to make it into my mini art journal & totally excited about it :) Be sure to check out later on if you are interested :)
Here's how I proceeded with this one.
(Sorry it maybe a looooong one.. :))
I started off with a 5.5"×3.5" panel from Brustro's watercolor paper.. using the mini ink blending tool, randomly colored using Dusty concord, peacock feathers & salty ocean.
I misted water over it & let it flow & merge to create a nice watercolor effect.
I used "Flourishes" stencil from prima & also gold & silver acrylic paint on top of the panel. I wasn't quite satisfied with the silver paint. So I used uniball signo silver gel pen in the centre. That definitely worked wonders.!
I cut a 2"×1" rectangle from the same watercolor paper, drew the border design after marking the midpoints & fussy cut it. I colored the frame & wrote my name using black pen & faux stitches using white gel pen.
I used "gathered twigs" distress ink to give some color by pressing it on acrylic block & applied using a brush like watercolor techniques.
I have only 6×6 paper pads. Since I had to cover that 1/2", I started off by adhering news print washi tape on one side.
I covered the whole of chipboard by a PP from the Prima "Delight" collection. I inked with vintage photo DI on the edges before adhering.
Some embossing done with Sakura acrylic modelling paste (it was too thick so I mixed some camlin texture white paste to loosen the consistency), Flourishes & TCW "Art is" stencils.
Did some script stamping to add more interest using Epiphany stamp set collection(gathered twigs). The keys are also from the epiphany collection but in a different set.
I colored randomly over the relief areas with Gold, copper, metallic rust & pearl blue acrylic colors using my fingers & wet baby wipe..
I felt the inside panel was too big.so I trimmed of the edges a bit & stuck on to the base using double sided adhesive tape (covering all the edges) & then the name panel on top.
For the shaker elements I took wood veneer shapes from the Transportation collection,(I love travel) colored them with the metallics & DI. Also added some silver, blue & yellow sequins.
For the border, I cut four 1/4" inch strips from the same PP & colored with peacock feathers & vintage photo DI. did some script stamping on it as well. Stuck them on the acetate sheet(OHP sheet) panel.
My foam adhesive strip was too broad & I had a hard time cutting it so narrow. The edges were irregular but I decided it went well with the overall look. On the outer edges, I used distress ink to cover it up.
Done. Hope you liked it.
I look forward so much to continue with my art journal idea.
(Well I did accomplish the mission. Click here to know what I've managed to create :))
Do lemme know ur comments. They mean a lot to me.
Thanks for your time.
Create. Have fun.
Linking this to,
I absolutely loved the soft colorscheme of the pic.. I went for flourishes design from all the flowery vibes in the moodboard.. I've used gold through out my project, from that awesome cake picture & the cycles totally got my travel mood back :) I've added transport wood shapes inside the shaker part...
I've stamped all those scripts as well as the keys...
Am entering for the third time in this contest, I can hardly refrain from it :D